Maritime operations inherently expose businesses to a multitude of risks. Get your clients covered today.
Marine liabilities insurance is an indispensable safeguard for businesses engaged in maritime activities, providing comprehensive protection against the unique risks associated with the dynamic and unpredictable nature of the sea.
Marine Liabilities combines coverage found in a commercial general liability (CGL) with coverage provided by a marine liability policy. To be eligible, 80% of the Insured’s receipts must be derived from marine operations. Coverage can be tailored to cover a wide range of marine liability exposures.
- $1MM Primary Limit for Any One Occurrence
- $2MM General Liability Annual Aggregate/li>
- Coverage Can Include Personal/Advertising Injury, Products and Completed Operations.
Ship Repairer’s / Marine Construction / Marine Contractor’s Legal Liability
Covers vessels while in the care custody and control of the insured, including repairs to engines, electronics etc. Coverage available for vessels at the insured’s premises as well as the vessel owner’s premises.
- Dock Builder’s
- Electronics Installation onboard a vessel
- Furniture installation/repair onboard
- Engine Repairs
- Kitchen (galley) repair
Wharfinger’s (aka Landing Dock) Legal Liability
Covers damage to non-owned vessels in the insureds care custody and control
- Tug & Barges in Mississippi
- Coverage is also provided if the vessels are being moored at the facility for an extended period
- Small passenger vessels (sighting seeing etc) using a non-owned dock to pick up or discharge passengers
- It is common for a particular facility to need this coverage, along with stevedores and terminal operators legal
Terminal Operator’s Legal Liability
Covers non-owned cargo moving through the insured’s facility.
- Port of Newark, NJ
- Port of San Diego
- It is common for a particular facility to need this coverage, along with stevedores and landing owners
Charterer’s Legal Liability
Covers the liabilities associated with operating a 3rd-party vessel/watercraft charted by the Insured.
- Similar in concept to a car rental agreement
Stevedore’s Legal Liability
Covers the liabilities associated with the loading/unloading of non-owned vessels.
- Loading or unloading of vessel cargo
- Stacking and storing of the cargo on the wharf
- Receiving and delivering cargo with the terminal or facility
Provides protection over primary marine liability coverage either on a following form or umbrella (Bumbershoot) basis.
- $10MM maximum
- Minimum attachment point is excess of $5MM
Continental United States
In-Appetite Risk Examples
- Marine Contractors
- Commercial Shipyards
- Mobile Ship-repairers
- Small/midsize dock builders
- Vessel Operators
- Product Manufacturers
- Excess placements with less than $5,000,000 in underlying coverage
We are happy to discuss any questions you may have on Marine Risk. Please send us a message. or call us at (888) 888-8888
Get In Touch