Global commerce has enough obstacles, don't let the coverage of your goods be one.
The Marine General Cargo Policy covers goods in transit for physical loss and/or damage from shipping origin to final destination. This is a worldwide coverage and is not limited to goods transported by ocean/sea; Air, Rail, Truck, Barge, Parcel Post are all covered hereunder as well. Coverage may also be extended to goods stored in warehouse locations.
One of the broadest policy forms in the entirety of the insurance industry, due to its "All-Risk" nature. Each and every policy is tailored to address the individual and often unique needs of the Client.
- Up to $20,000,000 any one conveyance (worldwide)
- Up to $20,000,000 any one warehouse/storage location $5,000,000 CAT Annual Aggregate
- Provides coverage for 1st party goods in transit anywhere in the world from the time it leaves the supplier’s/manufacturer’s facility until arrival at designated final destination.
- Coverage Extensions available
- Domestic Inland Transit
- Foreign Inland Transit
- Goods in Storage (a.k.a. "Stockthroughput" or "STP")
- Open and continuous policy with no need for microcosmic shipment reporting. Client provides estimated annual values shipped at inception with adjustment on actual at anniversary.
- The standard ISC Cargo form is enhanced as needed for each client's specific coverage requirements (e.g. Valuation can be determined by Assured to match their business needs).
- War risks are included.
- Worldwide coverage territory (subject to applicable sanctions restrictions).
- Assured must be domiciled in USA.
In-Appetite Risk Examples
- General Consumer Goods
- Manufacturers/Distributors of Consumer Goods Currently Reliant On Their Shipping/Trucking Company to Provide Insurance
- Dry/Liquid Bulk Commodities
- Wearing Apparel
- Retail Stock
- Standalone Storage coverage
- Coverage for Delay or Loss of Profit
- Standalone War coverage
Get a Quote
Ocean Marine Cargo
Here is what you will need for your submission.
- Corporate name & address
- Inception Date
- Commodity(ies) being shipped
- Estimated Annual Values Shipped
- Maximum value on any one conveyance at any one time
- Average value on any one conveyance at any one time
- Where are goods being shipped to/from
- Packing details
- Loss history
Get In Touch