The Read On What To Read In 2022
Best Business Books to Read for Insurance Professionals
No matter where you are in your life, we can all use inspiration and motivation. The same goes for our careers – whether you’re the CEO of a large insurer, agency, or brokerage; an entrepreneur of a start-up; or an agency producer or account executive. One way to get what you want out of life and work is to learn from others. As the new year unfolds, get your reading list together to help inspire you toward achieving your ultimate goals. Here are several suggestions for the best business books to read.
Stepping Up Your Game
Each of these books shows you how to expend your energy in the right places and encourages you not to limit yourself. Think and dream big.
- Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
Thinking Outside The Box
The most successful people tend to do things differently. They take risks, color outside the lines, look to disrupt, and aren’t following the norm. Innovation is key. We see it in all types of industries, including our own, with the explosion of insurtech, AI, parametric insurance, and other non-traditional insurance platforms, products, distribution methods, etc. now at the forefront. Take a page from one of these books to get your mojo going.
- The Courage To Be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga
- 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think by Brianna Wiest
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
Putting In The Sweat & Tears
To get ahead, you need to put in the time and hard work so that your audience keeps coming back to you for more of what you have to offer.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Perennial Seller by Ryan Holiday
Believing In Yourself
Condition your mind for success, for making things happen, by transforming your mindset to believe in yourself.
- What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- You’ll See It When You Believe It by Dr. Wayne Dyer
For so many of us, the lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic was a time of reflection, to think about what’s important and what to prioritize in our lives and careers. But we tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and work and return to complicating things again. Learn how to get back to basics at work with your customers and your team, and strip away the pitfalls that trip you up.
- Anything You Want by Derek Sivers
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- It Doesn’t Have To Be Crazy At Work by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
Improving Life & Work
Look ahead for two, maybe even five, years to imagine where you want to be. How will you get there? These books will help you get where you want to go.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- A Guide to the Good Life by William B. Irvine
Download some of these books on your Kindle or iPad or order a printed copy for inspiration, empowerment, and knowledge. Happy reading!